Friday 16 November 2012

Lapkričio devintoji

Last week I held a "German Day" in Plateliai in order to show the variety of traditions and custom in Germany's regions and its history. It took place on November 9 as this day is an important day in German history.


First, I baked a cake which I know from my family together with the 10th form of Plateliai's secondary school.


Preparing the dough ...



... and the crumbles



Creating German mini-flags



The bakers proudly present: Apricot jam crumble!



The next day I presented in the school. I sang a German song, after that everyone repeated it.



But the most important part was to taste the cake.


The audience is fascinated.



In the evening I presented in front of people from Plateliai. I told about German history in the last 200 years, showed typical clothes, food and celebrations from German regions and prepared a slideshow about Germany's architectural and natural heritage.







I received very positive reactions. Some people were happy to hear some German words wich they were able to understand. So it was a successful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment